7.01.2013

Rapunzel gone hipster :D

This is something I made when I was really bored in my Tangled obsession period (if you visited my Stardoll account recently, you might have noticed Pascal the chameleon sitting on my shoulder).

I don't have much experience with editing, it's very different from drawing something yourself because you need to match the style of the original picture. I think it ended up quite well considering it was my first time, but what do you think?

Here's a version in black and white:
I think it looks better, but you can't see the colours which was part of the editing.
And here is the original image so you can compare:
At first it looks like I only changed the clothes and gave Pascal a hat, but there are many small details too. For example, the arm is barely visible on the original picture so I had to draw one myself, and as I said before, try to use the same style of shading. Did I succeed?
Pascal had to be moved down, because the original sleeve is puffy. I also tried to make the hair ombre and adding a green stripe. I don't really like the stripe, it has a weird shape, but other than that it didn't turn out too bad.
The tattoo is a mix of the magic flower and the kingdom flag, which I have been practicing on in the last few weeks. I can draw it much better now, and it will probably come out in a tattoo in my new drawing (spoiler alert!).
By the way, the t-shirt is something I found on Polyvore (and instantly fell in love, but it's way too expensive for me to buy).

Soo, what do you think about this edit? Don't be afraid to comment with your opinion, I don't bite! :D
Maria

6 comments:

Hannah said...

I like the hair :)

Maria ☺ said...

Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

whoa, can I have this? lol

This is so incredibly cute (not to mention the post title, lol).

Maria ☺ said...

Aww, thank you! :) And for the title/idea of this I got inspired by all the punk/goth edits I have seen of this picture, but no "hipster" ones.

sofia said...

How do u edit that?

Anonymous said...

That's me